Monday, July 19, 2010

Track of the Day - 7/19/10

"A Shot in the Arm" - Wilco
Listen Here

One of my favorite Wilco songs off of my favorite Wilco album, Summerteeth. Wilco has always been one of those groups that I enjoy, but something about them usually stops me from getting fully invested in their music. This track however, and most of the rest of the album, is a Wilco that I can get behind completely. Check it out!

Previous day's connection: Actually, two here, though only one was really intentional. First (and intentionally), both Yeasayer and Grizzly Bear were featured on the compilation album Dark Was the Night, which was actually the first place I heard of either band. Second, both groups are based out of Brooklyn. Like I said, all music fucking comes from Brooklyn now. Fortunately, Wilco hails from Chicago, so today's will be a bit less redundant. Give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment