Saturday, July 3, 2010

Introduction to the Blog

A warm hello to all you fine folks that are taking the time to read this, and welcome to The Casualty Report! I'm Nate Moseley, and I am the editor and head writer for this pop culture commentary and review-based blog (which sounds a lot better than: I'm just some guy who's writing stuff about stuff on the Internets). The Casualty Report is designed to provide a personal/highly suspect perspective from a casual observer (get it? Casualty Report? I know, I'm really very sorry) on a wide range of film, TV, music, and literature.

Basically, here's how it works: I watch/listen to/read something. I then write a review/commentary/furious rant on said something. I post this to this very blog for the whole world to enjoy. ?????. Success!

That is really all the structure I'm going to set down. I'll pretty much be posting whatever I damn well feel like, thank you very much. It will most likely be incredibly random, of dubious value to society, and quite possibly anti-Semitic (I kid). But really, I'm a very self-centered person, and The Casualty Report is all about exercising my ego, so I fully expect the posts to reflect that and have no intrinsic worth to anyone else. I could be wrong, though, so everyone should probably read the blog just in case it turns out to be a cultural milestone.

How do I decide what to write about? I know you're all clamoring to find out! Well, I'll be writing about whatever pop culture items I happen across that inspire me to write about them! Is that incredibly vague? Yes. Is it a good standard for providing entertainment commentary? Probably not. But that's how it's gonna be. I watch a good amount of TV, a decent amount of movies, listen to my fair share of music, and (with ever dwindling frequency) read books. I'll be watching/listening to/reading the same things that I normally would, but now I'll write about them. And excitement and hilarity ensue!

My reviews will be based on a letter grading scale, from F being the worst (and F- being willfully destructive to our collective health) to A+ being the very very best. The grades will be highly subjective and pretty much meaningless, but that won't stop me from giving em out!

So, what should you expect from the blog? During TV season, I'll be doing my damnedest to do episode-by-episode write-ups of the shows that I'm watching, as well as some rundowns of shows that I try out but am not a regular viewer of. This also applies to the summer, but due to the general crap-fest that is summer TV, expect less show coverage. And, all throughout the year, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, I'll be providing you with groundbreaking up-to-the-minute rundowns of the latest in film, music, literature, and the world of pop culture in general. Except that I might not have something new every day. And it won't really be up-to-the-minute. Or groundbreaking.

But enough about this crap, huh? If you want to really figure out what this blog is going to look like, you'll just have to keep coming back (Hah! I've trapped you now! What a clever ruse!). I'm gonna be making the format up as I go, but I'll try to keep posting what I'm doing as we move forward so that hopefully the whole thing doesn't dissolve into a tangled, incomprehensible mess. Though this introduction probably doesn't bode well for avoiding that particular pitfall. So, before I actually bore myself to death here, I just want to thank you for checking out The Casualty Report, and I hope you enjoy my ramblings!

No comments:

Post a Comment