Sunday, July 11, 2010

Track of the Day - 7/11/10

About Track of the Day: On a roughly daily basis, I'll be posting a link to a song. These will usually be songs that I like from things I'm not reviewing, or newly released singles, or great songs from olden times, or just whatever I feel like at the moment. They don't get a grade - I'm not looking to critique their lyrics or philosophize about their lasting impact on our culture - I'm just pointing my finger dumbly and saying, "Hey, check this out." Also: each song will have some connection to the previous day's song, and there are fabulous prizes (well, somewhere there are - I don't personally have any) for the first person to correctly guess the link.

"Afraid of Everyone" - The National
Listen Here

As I mentioned a few days ago, The National's latest album is excellent, and "Afraid of Everyone" is probably my favorite track off of it. The track starts slowly, before some awesomely reverbed guitar peals kick in, and slowly expands into one of the most sweeping songs on an album full of fantastic sweeping songs. Check out the band performing it on The Late Show!

Previous day's connection: Both "All to All" and "Sequestered in Memphis" are off of their bands' fourth studio albums. Not much to say there. Give this one a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment