Friday, September 10, 2010

New Plan - It's Like a Blog, but Without the Reading!

Hello, all you fine people that read my blog! I feel as if I've been treating you wrong lately, and that just pains me so deep. So I've decided to try to make it up to you. No, I didn't get you candy, or chocolate, or flowers, or a nice little card with a cute animal saying "sowwy" on it. No, only the best for my readers: You get to listen to me prattle on about things on a regular podcast!

Some of my more jaded (imaginary) followers might be thinking, Hey, didn't this asshole say he was gonna do a regular podcast like a month ago, and then fail? Well, fucker, I suppose you're technically correct. But I'm still treating this as good news because I think I've figured out a way where I can still have a tiny amount of content posted regularly, at least enough that I can justify still bothering with this blog. Here's the deal: I'm at college right now, and while I'm definitely not an incredibly busy person, most of my free time is consumed by either schoolwork or doing things with my boyfriend. If I felt extremely motivated, I could pretty easily find the time to upload a new post probably like 4-6 times per week for The Casualty Report, but I feel like that's just not enough for me to do everything justice (especially considering fall TV season is heating up). However, I still want to be able to contribute something to the blog. So, I polled the best and brightest minds in science and, after an in-depth review of their responses, I've determined that TCR will now be taking the form of a (roughly once or twice a week) podcast.

This doesn't mean I won't occasionally write some good old-fashioned words for whatever nerds out there that still "read" things, but I won't be writing much. I'll probably have a good deal of time over the holidays to write, so I'll probably do some best-of-the-year lists and midseason check-ins on the TV shows I've been following. In the meantime, however, check back every now and then for some poorly-made and mind-numbingly boring podcasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment