Thursday, December 22, 2011

Track of the Day - 12/22/11



Yeah Yeah Yeahs - "Cheated Hearts"

Ok, the connection between today's track and the last is so obvious I feel a bit like I cheated (see what I did there?), but I've just been in a Yeah Yeah Yeahs mood the past couple weeks. "Cheated Hearts" is off their 2006 album Show Your Bones, an excellent record that I much prefer to their debut Fever to Tell (and an opinion shared by virtually nobody else). The track builds beautifully behind driving drums and Karen O.'s powerful vocals, and seems to me to be one of the most cheerful-sounding and optimistic breakup songs out there - not to mention it just sounds fucking awesome.

Previous day's connection: Couple options here really, as Santigold and Switch from Major Lazer have done a bunch of work together: Santigold is featured on the Major Lazer track "Hold the Line," and Switch has remixed tracks off Santigold's self-titled debut album.

No comments:

Post a Comment