Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Track of the Day - 6/29/11



Santigold feat. Karen O. - "Go"

Here's a relatively new track from Santigold, a.k.a. that one person with that song in that Bud Light Lime commercial who sounds a lot like M.I.A. but is actually a totally separate individual. In all seriousness though, I enjoyed Santigold's 2008 self-titled debut a great deal, and if you haven't heard it you should absolutely check it out. It's all the fantastic production and exotic vocals of M.I.A. without the crazy politics! "Go" doesn't seem like a huge departure for Santigold, and while I'm still a little ambivalent about the guest spot from Karen O. (of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs), the song has a captivating and somewhat menacing sound that's hard to not enjoy. Santigold is supposed to be releasing a new album pretty soon, so look out for that as well.

Previous day's connection: Both The Very Best and Major Lazer are composed of pairs of DJ/Producers; Radioclit and Diplo/Switch, respectively. And while technically Radioclit is now broken up and thus was not acting as a duo for the creation of Super Mom Mixtape, I don't really care, because I can do whatever I want. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.


But don't actually smoke, that shit kills.

No comments:

Post a Comment